Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Livin the Life

African internet does not lend itself well to video uploads. Hence the reason for the lack of updates on this blog. Sorry sorry! I've been trying all week to give you a sneak peek of life at my rural home stay. Unfortunately, you'll just have to use your imaginations. The video you come up with in your brains should include myself in a skirt and a t-shirt (Yeah. I rocked that.), a knife, and a very unlucky young chicken. I had to dig deep deep deep inside to find my primitive soul, tapping into my merciless and ruthless self, ready to CUT THAT CHICKEN'S HEAD OFF! It was brutal. But man did that poultry taste good!


Two weeks ago, I spent eight days in a remote village in Uganda called Soroti. The trailblazer rocked and rolled me deep into the African bush where I met the most amazing African host mother and her ever-so-smiley five-year-old niece.
  Who knew living in a hut could be such a wonderful thing?! I felt like a true African this week for sure! No real need for words here. A picture's worth a thousand of them, after all.









Well that's my life in all it's African glory! And this is my lovely fam jam on the left. If I didn't miss running showers and my real family so much, I may have wanted to stay forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment